The Mission seeks to achieve the procurement goals set by the Government of Israel - Ministry of Defense consistent with the regulations of the U.S. Government. Israel, as a participant in U.S. Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs, fully complies with U.S. Government guidelines for the use of FMF and FMS.
The Mission has a number of responsibilities with regard to the procurement process:
- Maintaining and strengthening IDF operational capabilities through the use of FMF funded procurements in the US.
- Involvement in discussions with US officials on US Security Assistance for Israel
- Administrative services to Israeli Defense establishment personnel in the U.S.
- Rehabilitation services for injured IDF veterans.
Some of the Mission's activity involves:
- Responsibility for an annual budget of US$3.1 billion: approximately 20% of the annual Israeli defense budget.
- Processing more than 5,000 Purchase Orders annually.
- Transporting approximately 66,000 shipping lots annually.
- Processing over 37,000 invoices.